Monday, October 20, 2008

Boo! Haunted Houses & Halloween Happenings

 

Remember when you were a kid and October came around and Halloween meant something? something fun, something scary and something sweet?

IMG_0101

We took our 1 year-old daughter to the pumpkin patch in Half Moon bay and that was a blast for all of us, but every year since I was about, I don’t know, 12 I’ve asked myself where have all the Haunted Houses gone?

When I was in grade school I can remember at least 3 haunted houses in my area every year, including one at the Catholic School, one at my middle school and a really big one down near San Antonio in Mountain View.

If my parents we’re willing to drive a bit there were even haunted mansions like the Winchester Mystery House and Enchanted Forests full of ghouls, goblins and lost Camp Counselors from Outdoor Ed.

But the options have really tapered off over the years. So I’m curious, what do you do around Halloween? Do you know of any good Haunted Houses or Festive Gatherings in your area? If you have kids, do you take them trick-or-treating?

My wife and I were really pleased to discover Full Circle Farm in our neighborhood a few months ago. They are having a Healthy Halloween Hoedown on October 31st that should be a fun way for the little ones to kick their night off.

What are you up to this Halloween? If you know of something good going on near you, hit my comments and if it’s public please add it to Upcoming and we’ll let everyone know.



Comments: Post a Comment



<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?